Monday, March 16, 2009

Friday The 13th

Now I am not superstitious and do not believe in all that bad luck junk but this friday almost had me as a believer. The day started out well with the girls wanting smoothies and not eating them so I finished them after a box full of straws went flying around the kitchen. After doing morningo chores (I have great helpers) Tessa decided that she was hungry and wanted cereal. SO she got it herself, well Lexi does not like to be left out. As I was in my room looking up some information for Russ I hear screaming (no surprise) that I go to see what is the matter. Tessa is upset that Lexi is trying to put more shredded wheat with pink frosting into her bowl. I ask Lexi if she wants some and I will get it and Tessa then says "well she is putting them in the milk" Yep a brand new gallon of milk and it is now full of cereal. Thank goodness for my procrastination in throwing away the empty jug because we had to do a quick transfer to get Lexi her cereal out of the bottom. **SIGH** Now that is out of the way and I am trying to get myself put together to go to town and run errands. As I am working on my hair Tessa runs in and says "Mom we have an emergency!!, Lexi just made a mess on the couch and is jumping in it" I will now leave mess to your own imagination but when I came to grab Lexi she was Naked and parts of her were a different color ;). SO into the bathtub she goes w/ new clothes for the day. The best $100 I ever spent was on a spot carpet steamer/cleaner it says for pets but should also say for small children. I spent the next 45 minutes cleaning up the couch and foot prints off the carpet. Then off to the store. I decide that I have had a long day and it is only noon so we eat at Subway which always includes a Bug Juice. They behaved there and did great at the store so I ran into the post office and feeling like I was comming out of the slump of the day, looked in the back seat and Lexi is pouring her juice all over herself and trying to feed her baby glow worm. The day did get better I think. I did at the end of the day get to go to a Relief Society dinner at the church and see the bishop in a dress and crazy wig. I will spare any picture cause I have a weak stomach too.

5 comments:

AE Hinckley's Boy said...

I love the fact that your house isn't the Mary Poppins "Practically Perfect in Every Way" house. So God let you have some trials last Friday and you came up smiling. I'm impressed.

YFU
-Ron

andrea wardle said...

You just gotta love days like that!

Sylvia said...

No pictures? haahaa!

"Mama said there'd be days like these."

And finally...Holy cow, Jenni...good job keeping Lexi alive through all that!

Gearhart Family said...

Phew! I got exhausted for you just reading about your day - and to think, you lived it! Way to go Super-Mom!!!
Love Ya! Lish

jenkinsfamily-love said...

Thanks for calling to see if I needed anything while Rayce was sick. You're a sweetheart!