These are some of the benefits of country living. Besides smells that you just can't figure out where they came from in the house and since it has been raining there is nothing more refreshing than a deep breath of rain air that smell like wet manure. We have had a skunk smell at our house for a few weeks now and silly me just thought that some lived near by. Well on Saturday I was cleaning out around the house and in the window well I found dead skunk. Russ scooped it out with a shovel and being the man that he is had to share the sight and smell with me. SO being who I am I just had to get a picture to blog it and share it all with you. I wish you could have smelled it. Oh and if you look at the picture close, yes that is 2 skunks close together. I am happy to say that Febreeze took care of the smell that lingered. ALso last week while my mom was visiting we had another visitor in the house. A centipede. Now the picture does not do him justice. He is at least 3-4 inches long and fell off the counter next to the freezer which I was digging in at the time. My mom can still run really fast when I let out a blood curdling scream like I did. With joint effort (mostly Mom) we got the sucker caught and I let him whiff the alcohol off my cotton ball. Then last night before bed I found another one on the wall by the girls room. Needless to say we should see the bug man in the next few days to hopefully give us a break and a nights rest. Thanks MOM!!
4 comments:
Oh yuck! We have skunks around here too, but I can't imagine the smell coming from my window well. True country living at it's finest. I love the hair bows!!
I would totally freak! I get the willies just from the pictures, I can't imagine... ewwwwee! I think I will keep our deer, pheasents, and doves as frequent visitors over those!
I am freaking out about the skunks! I just got back from camping and I swear there was a skunk roaming outside my tent. It smelled so bad, I could not sleep. Fun blogs posts!
Yummy... I hope you atleast made Russ a hat out of the hides! just kidding. I feel your pain. When I lived in Texas we had a giant centipede and Ryan screamed like a little girl. He stayed up half of the night trying to catch it. Ryan and I thought Tessa looked cute for her first day of school. I miss you and I hope all is well.
Post a Comment